Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty

Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] Empty
PostSubject: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:52 am

The rain pattered gently on the summer time streets of Rosebury, the thrumming creating a rhythm akin to a lullaby. Naturally, this also meant a particular blonde was dozing to the lullaby. Opening the door to Nen's Crystals shop, the gentle bell chiming, the sleepy teen gave a partial wave to the shop owner. It was quickly becoming one of her favorite ways to spend the sleepy days, as Nen shared the weakness that Mackenzie also had. Narcolepsy.

"Hi Nen," Kenzie called out with a wave, loud enough to be heard but still soft enough not to wake the likely-sleeping shop keep.
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Shockingly enough, Nen was awake when she entered--if but barely. Curled up into her chair, Nen sat with a blanket around her. Her chin rested on the blanket. Her only indication that she saw Kenzie was an upwards nod with her head. After a long moment after she closed her eyes, Nen mumbled "Getting into any trouble today?" She asked, sporting a large yawn.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:19 pm

Kenzie shook her head, quickly looking around for one of the comfier chairs within the shop. Of course, they were stationed closer to Nen, which made sense. Keep the nicer things up close, so she could see if anybody was ruining them. Not that Mackenzie would ever do that. "No, but figured on a rainy day it'd be better to nap here than at home where Axel squishes me," she smiled. Upon Nen's yawn, Kenzie ended up yawning back. It was... extremely contagious. Curling up within the comfy half-recliner, the teen half-mimicked Nen's position. "Not too many people around today, I hope."
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:46 pm

"Well, you are welcome to take a nap." Nen told her, blue eyes flicking open to watch the rainfall outside. She liked rainy days more, the white notice was calming. "No, some kids came in earlier and bought some tumbled rocks. But that's it." She sighed and sprawled her arms outward. "What if I started selling more things?"
Back to top Go down
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 4:29 pm

The small smile on the teen suddenly blossomed at Nen's offering. She loved taking naps in Nen's shop. Following her gaze to the outdoors, she gave a gentle chuckle. "I'm not even sure what else you'd sell here. Maybe tie-dyed tapestries?" Kenzie tossed out the idea. It somewhat fit the theme of the shop, but was distanced enough it seemed a feasible addition. "Although, I kind of like the quiet of this place. Especially on rainy days. With the little bit of light coming in and sparkling on a few of the items..." Kenzie trailed off dreamily.
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 7:53 am

Nen shook her head. "No. More like...items with power. Similar to..." She hummed. "Here, chug this water bottle." Nen reached down under the counter and held it out to Kenzie to take. Hydration isn't a joke.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 9:51 am

Mackenzie tilted her head slightly with curiosity, her brow furrowing slightly as she reached out and took the water bottle from Nen. Of course, the student couldn't point out anything immediately off about it. The plastic felt a little bit thicker, but otherwise, it seemed like a normal water bottle. She had chugged many-a-bottle in the years past, especially for various doctors appointments.

So of course, given the idea that she knew what to expect, Kenzie went to chugging. Except, when she thought it'd be the end... there was no more. Finally getting to the point she had to breathe, Kenzie pulled the bottle away from her mouth and looked at it. While she definitely expected it to be at least near-empty, she was amazed by how it seemed to appear as if she didn't drink any of it. "Woah, this is... really cool! But also kind of freaky. But mostly cool. Like... think about it... perfect way to avoid the sketchy water fountains! ... Is this for sale, Nen?" Kenzie immediately asked. Her semblance of tired had gone away... for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Nen raised a brow. "I am assuming you think I should then?" A smirk crossed her face, and she hummed. "For you? 16 Bucks." And Nen held out her hand, expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 9:38 am

Kenzie's eyes brightened and she gave an enthusiastic nod. Reaching into her pocket for the small wallet she kept on her, Kenzie pulled out a twenty and passed it to Nen. "Keep the change." She said with a smile. "I think you definitely should. This stuff is so cool... but it's also really practical." Immediately, she chugged another half of the bottle, her grin beaming at the way it seemed as if she never had.

ooc; time to yeet 20 beata bucks from my account
or however many it translates to idk just let my daughter have her water ahhh
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 11:37 am

Nen laughed and pulled her hand away with the bill in hand. "Not all of them are like that though. That was the only one of its kind." Nen leaned back and closed her eyes. "There are some more that I've decided to price pretty high. They do some weird things." With a mighty yawn, Nen left her feet on the counter. "Though, don't go around telling people about it, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 4:35 pm

Kenzie looked at the bottle in her hand once more with absolute mystery, enthralled by the bottle even more. "Oh really? Awesome..." She trailed off for a moment, snapping her attention back to Nen. "Honestly, that's fair. I don't blame you at all... this is pretty amazing." Giving a wink to the shop owner, stifling a yawn of her own - Nen's yawns were rather contagious to Kenzie - she gave a reassuring smile. "I'll just let a few people at school know that you have quite a few awesome items here. Promise not to say what, just that they exist."

The humming of the rain continued its lull, her eyes getting heavier by the moment. "...Not too many though. I like spending time here while it's quiet."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]   Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleepin' Duo [ Closed ]
Page 1 of 1